The Gender Audit is an attempt to study good gender balance. Similarlyto study whether college follows all the University rules, policies & action because it forms a constituent part of the University. This Gender Audit tries to check the impact of its current & proposed policies on Gender equality.
The college always concentrates on the overall personality development of all students. Observing the Gender equality the girls are provided various facilities and special attention. The NCC unit for girls is run through Smt. AkkataiRamgondaPatil Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji. The NSS unit has 200 intake capacity out of which about 45% girls. The unit always motivates the girls for their social responsibilities and their empowerment. For safety,separate entrance, stair case, two-wheeler parking, cycle stand and study room are provided to girls. To make the girls aware of their rights and to impart knowledge of bylaws counseling through lectures by legal advisers are arranged. These lectures are arranged every year by internal complaint committee for women, Sexual Harassment Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal at workplace committee& anti-ragging committee. In the department of cultural activities & sports girls achieved grand success. Their active participation in Youth Festival and various competitions shows their ability and achievements.
- Objectives of Gender Audit
Gender Audit of D. K. A. S. C. College Ichalkaranji has the following objectives:
- To find out the gender balance existence in different areas and factors behind gender balance.
- To examine the policies of the college rules/actions towards needs and interest of both male and female.
- Take active steps to establish good gender balance in decision making processes in all areas of the college activities.
- To suggest measures for bridging the gender gap if any.
- To promote growth of gender equality in all aspects.
- To look after the work and capacity for prevention and prohibition of sexual harassment at work place.
Gender Audit Report